Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Really Bad Advice

"Today you might feel a little depressed and apathetic, like you don't care what happens right now. You might try to get your mind off those feelings by spending money. This works, Taurus, but don't spend any more than you have to. These feelings really have more to do with the past than the present. If old pain wells up, let it go. Tomorrow all will seem a lot better!"

That is my Horoscope for the day.  This is the first time I've read my horoscope in probably ten years, and I was sorry that I did.  How depressing.  I'm not the type of person that puts any stock in my horoscope, but let's pretend for a minute.   It seems like 70% of them tell you what not to do and how you should be feeling.  If I truly looked at this horoscope and based my day on it, this would have been my routine this morning:  Wake up a little sleepy...Call into work because the paper told me I'm apathetic....kick Moose.....overdraw my bank account (I know it says to just spend a little, but that's all I have).....get even more depressed because I now have no money and a dog that hates me...realize my feelings came from the past (anger at listening to my last horoscope)....Let it go, and hope for a better horoscope tomorrow. 

I know that seems a little bit overboard, but those horoscopes are in there for a reason, right?  These readings could either be really good advice or really bad advice depending on how the day turned out. 

As a Christian, the "horoscope" I follow in my daily walk is this: 
And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28.

When man states something, there could always be a chance of error.  When God promises something it's FIRM.  Why?  Because God is without error.

Don't live your day on "words of man".  Don't let your day be dictated by a guy getting 17 cents a word to tell you how to live your life.  Open your eyes to the "Word of God".

He promises us that ALL things work for good for those who love Him.  That's a horoscope worth basing your life on.

1 comment: